Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

#80 Is No Fairytale

My skin glistens with sweat

Black hair pulled back in a cord with flourish

The skull tattooed across my face is as menacing

As any gun or blade I could brandish

*

I sail the goddamn seas as I please

Murder and mayhem my given mission

My cannon and my sword

My passport and permission

*

The fair Coral Oak

Is my current ride

She's a dreadnaught to be sure

With iron and magic in her hide

*

Her belly full of ammo, treasure, and food

Rearranging that order is a high crime

The fight is more important than riches

And I'll eat when the first two leave me time

*

I sing my song

Of gunfire, and clashing steel

Cross my path and I'll hole your vessel

Put my hands around your throat just for the feel

*

I'll burn your ship as it sits

If it doesn't sink first

You, I'll dice to pieces, even as you live

To chum the sharks as I slake my thirst

*

I'll offer no quarter

There will be no ransom

It always ends the same

With you thrown over the transom

*

If you want romance, find something else to do

Any woman captured alive

Is used by me first, and then the crew

To be sold at the next port once we're through

*

If you escape and live to be old and grey

You'll be sitting around a fire someday

Telling the tale of the time

You crossed paths with me

No comments:

Post a Comment