Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

#75 Is a Pirate!

The wind blows my hair
As I'm king of the world
On the playful plastic bow
Of my very own pirate ship
*
I'm seeking buried treasure
Like every good pirate should
Southwest feels good
Must be the proper way to go
*
I call for my spyglass
And my cabin boy comes running
I search the horizon like a pirate
And can feel the treasure getting closer
*
With a cry of "Land ho!"
An island climbs the horizon
We anchor in an inlet
And make for the shore
*
We walk the sand
Eager to find the "X"
A likely spot is found
We dig hopefully
*
There in the hole
Lies what we dreamed of:
Chips & salsa, and popcorn
"Mom!" I call out, "Can you bring us some ginger ale?"

No comments:

Post a Comment