Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

#76 Takes Issue With Wearing Green

I used to be a good monkey
But nowadays it isn't so
It's 'wear this, do that, stand here'
Wherever I go
*
Today, they've gone too far
Even a monkey has his dignity
I've smoked cigarettes and worn diapers
And thrown my poo as far as the eye can see
*
This outfit is so beneath me
As soon as I looked in the mirror
I freaked out and ran
To cries of, "Bad monkey! bad monkey!"
*
I'm going to keep going I swear
Till I'm far away from Idaho
Where's my pot of gold?
At the end of the proverbial rainbow?

I dash through the city streets
My green coattails flapping in the breeze
I keep my walking stick at the ready
Smacking people in the knees
*
My mind races as my feet do
Jumping cars and fences like a faun
I have to ditch these clothes
On today of all days
*
This bad monkey will NOT
*
Be dressed
*
As a leprechaun!

No comments:

Post a Comment