Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

#81 Holds No Solace

Hold the tears

For me

If you knew the whole story

About me

You'd rage that I didn't go sooner

You see

I'm afraid I had to disappoint

I'm just me

*

I am a genius!!

(I am an idiot)

I am beautiful!

(I am ugly)

*

If I said it loud enough

It must be so

The subtext said

So low

That surely no one heard it

*

I stand brave before the fire!

(I cowardly throw children in front of me)

I never would say an unkind word!

(Until you've left the room)

*

The imperfection is killing me.

I can't even be the me

That me wants me to be

Let alone the one that's expected of me

*

I'd swear at you

But that's passe' now

There is no shock value to it left

I'll just bite this bullet until we're done here.

*

Although, you'd think I'd outgrown

Such emo navel gazing

Sadly, you're mistaken

In the dead of the night

When all is still

Nothing but all the bad can come to mind

So this navel holds my own private hell

It's where I go when my mind wanders

*

I create worlds!

(You just live in them)

I finger paint with fiery stars!

(You just gaze at them)

*

Now I lay me down to sleep

I await my thoughts to bury me deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment