Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

#334 Once Around the Block Jeeves


Your hollow words
Do not change how I feel
Treacly platitudes
Do not make the pain
Any less real

It lives inside my head
It leaks into my soul
And fills up my heart
Until its black as coal

I make a hangman's noose
For fun most every day
But I won't hang myself
How boring
Nor cut myself with a knife
That's just attention whoring

Ironically
It's my lack of faith
That keeps me here
When all grows dark
And the stench of hopelessness is near

If I had faith
In any god or religion
I could look forward to heaven and hell
Perhaps limbo or even reincarnation
Offering a second chance for salvation

As it is
I see only one chance
One scant span
Perhaps seventy years planned

Everything I am and know
Is encapsulated within that time
If time were a commodity
It would be precious and fine

It is what it is
This life that I have
I am miserable
But not all the time
I do dwell on my past
It's my right
My past is mine
I can no more ignore it
Than I can stop my own heart
It makes me who I am

It shapes my being

So to those who tell me
To cheer up
To look on the bright side
Or even that they'll pray for me:

Don't you have
Your own sins to sow?

No comments:

Post a Comment