Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

#306 ATour AHead


Go right ahead
I’m an easy mark
Climb right up inside my head
It’s a party
It’s a jam
It’s a lark

What you’ll find there
Is just about enough
To scare a square
Like you

Come on
Come over
I’ll give you
The grandest tour

Here we have
The place where I disassemble
All the stupid things
That I hear people say
All throughout the day

What’s that?
I must think I’m superior?
Well, yes actually
I think of it as a healthy ego

If I didn’t have it
I’d have to reach into your head
And take yours
Leaving you with none

It’s the only way
That I can
Face the day
I’ve got a Smith & Wesson
Waiting in the closet
For the day that I can’t

So yes
That there
Is the ego
Right next to it
Where it ought to be
Is the id

The id seems to be in love
With the ego
And constantly dreams
Of the Super Ego

It’s a natural herofication
Of the Ego
The apple
Of the id’s eye

Shut up!
I don’t make this shit up
I swear
Don’t you glare

In the back there
Is where we hide the creepy shit
The monsters
The night terrors
The things that would
Go bump in the night
If they made any noise at all
Which they don’t
Because they are
Way too over the top kind of scary

On second thought
Let’s go over here
Watch your step
This is kind of the attic
It’s where I keep all the things
That I don’t want to forget
So I put them here
In very safe places

And promptly forget
Where the hell they are

Someday
I’ll just rename it
The alzheimer's room
But not too soon
We aren’t even forty three

That’s about it
For the interesting stuff
Higher brain function over there
Automatic reflexes yonder
Unconscious processes under the desk

What were you expecting?
A finely tuned machine?
This is not nuclear science you know

That’s it for the show
Now get the fuck out

No comments:

Post a Comment