Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

#330 Protesting The Protest

God!
But you are despicable!
I loathe everything
That you stand for
Your ideas, thoughts, ethics
Those, and so many more

You
Of the KKK
Of abortion rights
Both for and against
Westboro Baptist Church members
NAACP and MADD
And lately those called OCCUPY
Of Your right to assembly
And freedom of speech
You'd better be glad

Because if it were up to me
I'd put you in jail
I'd throw away the key

But

When the time comes
That I have something to say
A concept to protest
Public opinion I would wish to sway

I want those rights to be there
So that I may have a voice
My freedom of speech
My right to assemble
To exercise
Or not
As is my choice

When I'm there
Saying things
That you might not agree
I don't wish to be pepper sprayed
To be bullied
Or beaten
In the street for all to see

Rubber bullets and zip ties
Bean bags fired from a gun
Tear gas and batons
None sound like any fun

But they are the tools of oppression
Our foe on any given day
If I were to endorse their use on you
I should be fine with those tools
Being turned upon me

But I'm not

So protest
Demonstrate
Do your worst
Do your best
As long as non violence is your tool
Your rights should not be abridged
Freedom won't make you it's fool

No comments:

Post a Comment