Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

#333 Book Of Secrets


Six inches square
Bound in leather
100 pages thick
A little black book
But not for phone numbers
Or for daily diaries

This book is for secrets

What sort
I do not know
It's not for my eyes
Nor for me to show

Can't see
Can't tell

How do I even know it exists?

I am it's guard
A book's man at arms
One might say
I watch over it
Manage it's day to day

Regardless of what's inside
I keep it safe
No fools will I abide
You keep your distance
And we'll be just fine
What I'll do to protect that book
You'll never know until you cross that line

Strategies of kings
Whispers of queens
Infidelities of a prince
A Pope's passions and dreams
Keys to the kingdom
Of riches untold
A combination to the vault
Which holds all the gold
Treasures from the Pharaohs
Valuable, moldy, and old
There for the taking
If you were only so bold

It might be all in that little black book
Or maybe it's not
Dream your little dreams
They're all that you've got

No comments:

Post a Comment