Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Friday, November 18, 2011

#322 Last Call


It's 2am again
My glass is empty
The bartender shakes his head
I've missed last call
The snow crunches
As my boots press it down
One crunch at a time
Until I'm home

The bed stands alone
Made up neatly
Dust upon the comforter
Undisturbed in the gloom
The couch creaks
As I collapse into it
Disturbing the cat
Who stalks off
With a backward glance

Pictures on the walls
Look down at me
Covering me in misery
Ghosts of the past
Reminders of loss
Broken glass litters the floor beneath them
From those nights
I couldn't contain my angst

I can't drink enough
To quiet the voices
Punching strangers in the face
Doesn't ease the pain
One day just bleeds into the next
Seems like every one ends the same
On a stool at 2am
Missing last call again

No comments:

Post a Comment