Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Friday, November 11, 2011

#315 Serious Eating


So this is it
The final confrontation
You've been taunting me
In front of the nation

Since the cameras went live
You've been talkin jive
And I'm done with it
You just aren't all that

The arena is ready
I won't shake your hand
You've pushed me past courtesy
And I walk past you where you stand

Assuming the position
I take my spot
Hands poised above the table
To take all that you've got

All eyes are upon us
The judge asks if we are ready
And I nod
Not even looking if you do

His hand hangs in the air
He shouts, "go!"
The first hot dog
Is already in my throat

I eat
Face set in competition frown
Going like a deranged billy goat
YOU are going down!

No comments:

Post a Comment