Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Sunday, November 27, 2011

#331 Is Puzzling


How puzzling
This puzzle of mine
It breaks into pieces
And has a limited time
All the bits must fit together
But I have no idea how
I use touch
Light as a feather
And try heavy
As a hammer blow

Neither approach
Has much effect
The puzzle remains
Enigmatic as ever

After some time
I start to come around
To the idea
That it isn't a puzzle at all
That it's just random noise
Strange fitting pieces
That don't belong together
Form no string
Are just random numbers
Generated for effect
For mystery
Like a cynical hipster
Who puts nonsensical sayings
Boldly on a T-shirt
And when someone comments
He'll sneer
With dripping condescension
And inform them

"This isn't a quote
This isn't wisdom
This is something I made up
Just to baffle stupid people
Like you"

Hipsters need a good punch in the snout

Then one day
I wake up slowly
A dream fading quickly in my head
The first thing I see as I sit up
Is the puzzle
Suddenly no longer filling me with dread
It makes sense!
I can see the solution clear in my head

I quickly sit down
My hands and eyes
In coordination for once
And then the puzzle is done

Disappointment washes over me
Deep grief out of proportion
With what has happened
For now
It is no longer a mystery
A riddle of kings
It's just something common
Making me hang my head and weep
For my lost purpose
My opponent
My Joker
I need this feeling to stop
I need a new lover
I grab my keys with purpose on my mind
To buy another puzzle
Worthy of me
At my local hobby shop

No comments:

Post a Comment