Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Friday, November 25, 2011

#329 Is Black Friday's Bitch


The day is black
But the savings are awesome!
I didn't even know
That I needed a pair of these
What would I do
Without stores telling me my needs?

I'd be lost for certain
With money to spend
And nowhere to end
For the economy
It would be curtains

Doorbusters bust my balls!
I was kicked
I was poked
I was pushed
I might have made a joke
In the end
There can be only one
Who gets that $50 television
And this year
It was me

Oh yeah
Who's the man?

Sitting since three
Icicles on the knees
Very little to spend
On one precious child
Who doesn't understand
The choices between toys and food
Mother stands up to go in
Gets shoved down
Her face stepped in
All in a quest
For this year's hottest toy
At an affordable price

I'm sure her kid will understand
Someday

On this dark Friday
Our hearts grow black with greed
More for our money
Our bottomless need
To feed from the bottom
And keep businesses afloat
Who in turn
Pay pennies per hour
To have your shit made

Slavery isn't gone
It requires no specific skin color
Just a cycle of poverty
Barely staved off
Every payday
By work at the grindstone
Chained by sad ideals
Built link by bitter link

One of which
Writ LARGE
In bold black ink:

NOVEMBER 25
BLACK FRIDAY

2 comments:

  1. It's my knee, it makes me cynical you see. Oh wait, that's how I am normally. :b

    ReplyDelete