Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Thursday, December 1, 2011

#335 The Waiting


All I see is you

Standing at the windows
Watching the tarmac
No action in sight
No enplaning, no deplaning
The setting sun
Setting fire to your face
And I can't even see you squint
Your gaze fixed on the horizon

All I see is you

As I take my coffee break
You haven't moved an inch
Your clothes still perfect
Your posture unbent
Your face flashes in the gloom
As the rotating beacon catches it
Otherwise lit quite dimly
By the blue taxi lights outside

All I see is you

Waiting for a flight
That seems to never come
Waiting for a reunion
That certain someone
I stab out my cigarette
And consider talking to you
But I think better of it
And get back to work

All I see is you

As I punch out for the evening
And head for the door
I look back again
To see your silhouette
The rising moon framing your head
Still waiting
Still looking out
For the plane that never comes


No comments:

Post a Comment