Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Friday, December 9, 2011

#343 Happiness In A Box

A thousand pieces
All in a crate
I need to do some assembly
It is required

No manual for this machine
I'd say it was built before there was paper
But that's an exaggeration
But it is old

One piece
Upon one piece
Held with a fastener
Tightened just so

The methodology hasn't changed
In hundreds of years
How hard can it be
To put this thing together

As I go along
I find things I don't recognize
This doohickey here
What does it do, and why?

I decide it must be 'extra'
I throw it on
An ever growing pile
Of things unknown
To be ruled upon
After

It's starting to look like something now
What
I don't really know
I hope I know when it's done
Or this thing could just grow and grow

I keep adding bits here
And pieces there
Until I finally empty that crate
I have to get to the hardware store
It's really getting late
And it just isn't done

I make out a list
Of everything I need
It just goes on forever
With a basket case's greed

I'm probably in over my head
But I don't care
For the first time in years
I'm happy

No comments:

Post a Comment