Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

#337 Finds The Formula


My red fire engine
Doesn't shine like it once did
Covered with sand
Covered with sun
Faded and gritty
Just like my memories

What was once wholesome
Now has undercurrents
Of poisonous intent
A viper in my vestments
Colored tight and intense
Regardless of the good I meant

Purity
Can be measured
Why my personal pH
Is right about 7.0
This litmus says so
Maybe arrive at a Carat number
Twenty four times the Mass
But it's all a lie
I'm just being an ass

It's not scientific
Can't be measured
Or observed
The purity formula lives within
Deep under the skin
You might call it the soul
Though I've totally looked
I've peered in every hole

Purity
Is Intent
Divided by Desire
Multiplied by Circumstance
Then purified by Fire
Is the result a simple number?
Logical cold and cruel?
I really can't say
It tastes good though
I use it to flavor my gruel

Yours tastes very sweet
Yours tastes very bitter
Yours tastes of bile
But yours
Yours has little taste at all
It simply tugs at the corners of my mouth
Until it's just a smile

No comments:

Post a Comment