Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

#341 Ye Shall Receive


When I was twelve
I asked a question
The 1958 Encyclopedia Britannica
It answered me
With yearly supplements
Stretching to 1973

It remained so
For many years

Then I turned thirty five
Suddenly I could Ask Jeeves
No codes
No secret handshake
Just ask a question
And to this Mr. Wooster
He'd deliver

Using the portal
Of Web TV
A tiny window opened
To a new world

Trying new servants
I Yahooed a bit
Then Googled
Even Wolfram Alpha'd
Then Googled once again

Wikipedia hit me over the head
Dropping smaller Wiki's
In it's stead
Fractured and specialized knowledge
Overwhelming in volume
Distracting to the simplest task
What's a simple man to do
He just clicks when asked

Nowadays
I just close my eyes
I imagine things
And they appear
Transmitted instantly
At the speed of light
Riding the saturating signals
That permeate the world today

Wireless data
Wireless power
Things look simpler
But they are not

From my balcony
On the 200th floor
In this year
The 2093rd of our Lord

I don't have to ask anybody anymore
I just think it
And I know

No comments:

Post a Comment