Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

#338 Hominus In Incendium


Mired
In the plastic of everyday
The covers of my keys
Clinging to me
I'm passing right through it
I am a hot knife
I'm sinking in
Gooing through

Processed petroleum
Shined and shimmied
Lacquered and plated
It does appear richer that way

Much the opposite of I
Now covered in melted plastic
Yet worry for me not
As I'm a man made
Metal skinned man
Heated to just below melting
Cherry red
Incinerating wit
With a scorching gaze

I'm not the human torch
I wish it were so
Then I'd be a super hero
With heroic deeds to sow
As it is
I'm not sure what happened
I'd go back to bed
But I burned it up
Along with my desire for sleep

A living fire
Cored in metal
Bored to death
With lighting things up
I suppose I'll just hang out
Until I burn through the earth
Eventually I'll escape
This dreary gravity well
Then the possibilities are....
Well, limited actually
I can always collide with another planet
And do it all over again

Bummer

No comments:

Post a Comment