Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Sunday, December 11, 2011

#345 Carcinoma Jane


If I were a cancer
I'd nibble your tastiest bits
I'd hide from your fingers
I'd try to match with your wits

Hanging out in your breast
While lovely and fun
Would be boring for me
I need variety in the long run

So I'd eye your lymph node
Perhaps the one closest to me
I'd have myself a taste
Then move closer to see

Finding it to my liking
I'd move in and divide
Consuming your cells
Until I'm twice as wide

Must move on now
Or I'll surely be discovered
I stop growing there
Lest I be uncovered

Down your lymphatic system
I travel at great speed
Which isn't very fast really
Time is all that I need

It's just what you give me
As I wend my way inside
You notice a lump
With a Doctor you confide
He looks and he pokes
He takes scans and samples
Coming back in an hour
Everything should be fine
He lied

He knows better
I'm everywhere now
But he'll leave the truth
For others to tell
What he doesn't want to tell you
Is that that you
Are now me
And whenever someone looks at you
They'll say
Here she comes
Miss Cancer

No comments:

Post a Comment