Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

#350 Phillip K. Dick Called: He Wants His Rock Back


It was in my way
Large
Misshapen
And grey

I cursed it
But it didn't move
I blinked
It didn't blink back

Damned rock

The only road to town
Blocked by this big bastard
Which had fallen down
From the cliff up above

I gave it a shove

It grumbled
So I spit on it
It spit back
I wiped my face

 I was taken aback

Why should I move
It asked me aloud

Because you're in the thoroughfare
And that shouldn't be allowed

That's what I told it
And I was pretty proud
Telling off a rock
It just doesn't happen every day

It stared at me bleakly

You can swear and shove
But I'm not going anywhere
I measure time in centuries
Maybe in a few ticks
I'll think about moving
And not until then
But don't worry
You'll know when
It will be just after
You turn to dust
As all things must

Then it seemed to shiver
The ground
It quivered
That rock strained
Pulled against it's geologic anchor
But it's Mass times Gravity
Met the Newtonian reality
Of the reluctance
Of an immobile object
To move

I
On the other hand
Decided that I had nothing to prove
So I walked around it

No comments:

Post a Comment