Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

#149 Can't Stomach the Thought


“I dislike you”
I say, eyeing it carefully
“You fill me with distaste”
And it looks back at me
Equally unimpressed
Or so it seems

So smug
Sitting there
Surrounded by it’s saucy secretions
I’ll fix it’s little red wagon
I’ll cut it in half
And feed it to the goat

Offered to the goat
Whom I assumed would eat anything
Goat’s nose turned up
At this pale warm offering
As if the very thought offended

Now I’m right put out
I don’t want to confront this demon
Bad going in
Bad going down
And, for that matter
Bad coming back out again

Why are things such as this
Even here on this earth
“Why!!!??”
I yell to the heavens
Shaking my fork and knife
In fury

No answer comes
Laying there undeterred
Assured in it’s superiority over me
My cauliflower taunts me

“Oh, how I hate thee!”

No comments:

Post a Comment