Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

#134 Doesn't Get Into It Anymore


Yesterday
I waited

I waited for Jason Voorhees
I walked under ladders
I broke mirrors
I even bought a black cat

And trained it to cross my path
All the ding dong diddly day long

But nothing happened

It was just another day
Kids went to school
I built something at home
Then I went to work

When I was young
The older kids on the bus
Used to tell me all kinds of stories
Which made me anxiously anticipate
Friday the 13th

Things will happen
Who knows what!

But that’s gone now I guess

Along with it
Most of my enthusiasm
For just about all the holidays
And ‘event’ days

They are just days now
With more traffic
And tourists
To put up with

But it saddens me when I think on it
I wish those days were still special to me
I wish I was still truly believing
That Friday the 13th
Was something to be really leery of


No comments:

Post a Comment