Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Friday, May 13, 2011

#132 Is Calling for Backup


Don't worry
I've got your back
I'm backing you up
On DVD's by the stack

But I won't stop there
I've come prepared
With ideas and hidey-holes
Four squared

It's that simple 3-2-1 rule
3 copies backed up right
2 different storage types
1 copy stored offsite

Learnt at my daddy's knee
And forgotten
By about the count of three
Until something happened

There I was officer
Minding my own business without a care
When suddenly I formatted my hard drive
It was a million to one shot, I swear

So now I'm going through the steps
Apologizing to my victims
Assembling my things
Moving things about, maximizing my limbs

I'm putting everything on an external drive
On my bedroom shelf
Duping it on DVD twice
Hiding one copy myself

The last copy
I'm putting in a hole
I'm grabbing my parka
And jetting to the South Pole

I'll let the penguins guard my data stash

No comments:

Post a Comment