Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

#138 Is Up Then Down


There is no work
To shirk
In this eternal summertime
That I find myself in

My grass stays green and clipped
The trash takes itself out
The only thing I need to attend
Is my margarita, which begs to be sipped

All my loved ones
Are close at hand
There is no death or unhappiness
It's rosy times across the land

Is it Valhalla?
Or maybe Heaven?
I can't really explain this state
That I find myself in

Although if I look hard enough
And not directly at
I sense, rather than see
The truth, lurking like the Cheshire Cat

First the teeth
Rend the sky from my perfect world
Then the eyes
Penetrate all things
Burning all, blackened and curled

Finally all is revealed
Pain and sadness
The only meaningful yield
I search, but find no gladness

In this place
That's not a place
In this time
Where it has no meaning

I suppose I've come full circle
And this must be Hell

No comments:

Post a Comment