Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

#142 Has a Blue Beetle Over

Blue Beetle
Blue Beetle
Are you running my way?
Say Mister Blue Beetle
Why don’t you stay?
Please, don’t go away

I’ll brew us up some tea
Put it on a pretty tray
Serve it up oh so nice
You’ll want to stay all day

Enjoy your tea, Mister Blue Beetle
While I’m busy here in the back
Don’t worry, nothing big
Just whipping up a snack

I’ve got long ones and short ones
Some white or black elm
Which would you prefer, sir?
I have the best in all the realm

Blue Beetle
Blue Beetle
Your carapace, it dazzles
With iridescence to spare
It is quite bright
Were you not aware?

Say Mister Blue Beetle
My tea, it’s almost gone
The sun is almost setting
And I know you must soon move on

I’ll wrap some snacks right up for you
In this nifty brown sack
I’ve added a pinch of sugar
For your late night sweets attack

Blue beetle
Blue beetle
I bid you adieu
You are welcome anytime, my shiny friend
With your scintillating conversation
And your iridescent carapace of blue

1 comment: