Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

#145 Moving On: Tentatively


The rocking cars
From an age gone by
Rocked on the bumps
And clacked on the joints
A rhythm so consistent
To be like white noise
It was putting me to sleep

Stepping on board
The sign reminds
To: "Mind the Gap"
Lest you fall through
Meeting an awful end
No doubt

My luggage stowed
My mind wandering
Staring aimlessly
At the scenery blurring by
I remember the things left behind
And the mystery up ahead

Life was simpler
Only hours ago
I feel as I've aged
Even as we pulled from the station
Pulling away from my childhood
And on into manhood

You can't go home again
That saying, often said
I know it's not literally true
But it might as well be
Up in my head.

My destination
Growing closer
Thinking ahead
Hoping all will be well
Go as planned, no missteps

The old horsehair seat
Makes my back itch
And I wiggle to relieve it
My new angle showing me something new

A lovely girl in the row
Kitty corner to me
She looks apprehensive
I wonder if she's going
Where I'm going

She smiles at me

Mind the Gap

No comments:

Post a Comment