Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Friday, May 13, 2011

#133 Is Mean to His Mule


I am the mighty stable boy
I control and I rule
All the animals and this stable
Except for that there mule

He defies me
He derides me
I can tell
In the way he looks at me

I put him to work
To show him who’s boss
But he just grunted and pulled
Glaring at me and giving his head a toss

Frustrated
I whipped him
To dominate his spirit
But he stood his ground, looking grim

With welts open and bleeding
I knew there was no turning back
I rubbed salt on him
Cutting him no slack

He howled his mule howl
And I thought I’d solved his puzzle
But all he did was look at me
And one tear rolled down his muzzle

I was taken aback
I stood stock still
Taking in this scene
And slowly, it broke my will

I cried
And I tended his wounds
I fed him fine feed
And put him to bed

I realized that I loved my mule
And I couldn’t posses him
I can only be kind to him
And remember this lesson

The next morning
The mule wouldn’t look at me
But I didn’t blame him
I’d do the same if were me

Days grew to months
And on into years
Best friends we became
We soothed one another’s fears

Until one day my mule did die
As all the living do
I dug him a fine grave
I kissed him
And bid him
Adieu

No comments:

Post a Comment