Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Bookmark

Opening my book
My bookmark fell upon the floor
Got caught by an errant breeze
Danced around and went out the door
Across the yard and into the street
I ran right after it
Brains following feet

If I don't catch it
How will I mark my place?
Whatever should I insert
Into that empty space?
The one between the pages
That's a story in itself

All the things that we do outside of books
In the real world
While the bookmark
Marks our place

No comments:

Post a Comment