Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

#TreeTuesday

This #TreeTuesday
I confess that I saw a bunch of trees
I wasn't true to any one at all
Variety was my slutty downfall

In the morning I sidled up to a tall lanky white pine
With some sap seeping through it's bark here and there
Sultry knots in the strong trunk
And a soft bed of needles on the ground everywhere

By brunchtime I turned my jaundiced eye to an ash
Woodpecker riddled and on it's last legs
I felt pity for it in my heart
I hugged it and told it all was ok
Though I have a tree trimmer scheduled in the very next day

For my dignified formal lunch
I made the acquaintance of an oak
Standing tall next to my house
I felt it best to be a gracious host
For it's close proximity
Meant that it could drop a thing or three
And cause some problems this winter in a pinch

Teatime came and went without a speck of tea
My attention taken up by the sexiest of birch trees
Encroaching upon my driveway
With pale bark and battle scars to prove
That it is a staunch resident and quite hard to move

Now here at suppertime
I am sharing a decent young wine
With a maple tree of fine vintage
Sixty feet tall at least
It's sweet sap a boiled down happy feast
Of sugar for my sweet tooth
And I love it so

I've seen trees before them
And I'll see many after
I don't even keep track of them really
Just today on #TreeTuesday
Have I realized how many branches
I've bounced to and from
More than willingly

No comments:

Post a Comment