Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Strong Starter

Melancholy and creamy
Impressionist and dreamy
Your brush strokes draw me in
Leading without the within
A grain upon the colors
Showing where you've been

Almost
I can trace back to the beginning
Whence brush first met canvas
Idea first became thing

That flower there
The red one
That's where you started
Not with an entire idea in mind
But that one solitary thing

To make the perfect little red flower

Not sure what you did next
Perhaps that boat there
Or the grass over here
Either way it matters not

Your soul stayed right with that flower

So realistic as to be a photo
Every detail jumps out at me
What ever drove you to such perfection
And what made you think that anyone would ever see

I'm looking at it now
Almost does it ruffle it's petals in a pretend breeze
I wish you'd have put as much effort into the rest
And of course I'm not just talking about the painting now

It's the painting
It's our relationship
It's everything in your life really
You always start so damned strong
It awes us all to our core
Your competence at most everything is stunning

Then you lose interest and move on

I'll never forget those first few weeks after I met you
Your voice
Your touch
Your grace

I stab out a text message to you
"Come pick up your shit
It's in a box in front of my place"

Gently
Do I place the painting in the box

As I set the box on the bottom step of my stoop
I deposit one tear inside
For you to take along

I hop on my bike
And go for a ride

No comments:

Post a Comment