Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Otto and Alice

Obsolete outmoded Otto
Bell of the ball one day
Scant time later
Simply thrown away
Not worth the cost of recycling
Not worth the trouble
Not worth the hassle
Who's Otto again?
I forget
I've got the new model
Her name is Alice

Alice slices and dices
Otto only looked grim
Alice is my cup overflowing
Otto only filled it to the brim
Alice can scratch my back
Otto always bugged you to scratch him

Alice is in
Otto is out
Even in these times where money is thin
There is no excuse to keep Otto around
Alice is what progress is all about
Otto is just some garbage on the ground

There was a time
I couldn't put Otto down
He amazed
He astounded
He baffled
He confounded
But now he is simple
Like tic-tac-toe
He is no challenge
His tricks lack any magic
My disbelief lacks suspension
I've gone to see a new magician

Her name is Alice
I clutch her close to my chest
I'll never let her go
I bought her a new wrap
For which to go to the ball
She's so pretty
I can't look directly at her
I poked a hole in a piece of paper
And I look at her indirectly
From her projection on the wall
Alice can simply do it all

I hear that someday Alice might be replaced
But I can't comprehend that
I can only live in this moment
Alice in my sweaty hands
Like sex on my mind
Occurring about once every minute
Averaged throughout the day

You hear that what-your-name?
I've left you
I'm with Alice now

No comments:

Post a Comment