Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Friday, March 30, 2012

Blues of the Bleached White Page


This blank page
Staring at me
Blankly
Stupidly
Whitely

Shall I throw paint at it
Like some new age simian artist
Or roll my motorcycle through pans of paint
Then ride around upon it
Leaving the gyroscopic patterns of my circling behind

It's the old fallback that wins out
The littering and polluting on the blank canvas
With New Times Roman font
Random word association
No madness
No genius
Just opening the dictionary
And shaking it generously
Waiting to see what sticks to this canvas

Inspirations can wait
The Hair People of Havana
They have no fleshed out storyline yet
The Man and Dog in the desert
Quake upon the edge of something really interesting
Tales of the Wrench
Those semi-fictionalized accounts of doing what I do
Are only interesting to those to do the same

I should make a clip show
For days such as these
Remember when I wrote about that Red Chair?
How is was sexual
It was binding
How it even had flair......

Like Bart Simpson recalling yesterdays jape
Wayne and Garth waving their hands in a flashback signal

But I won't

Today
I'm going to sit and watch the snow fall
On my newly green flowers
Not quite flowers yet
Just pretty green stalks
Coming up out of their bulbs

Decorated with late March snow
A hint of winter
A cool mint
Without the calories of a peppermint patty

No comments:

Post a Comment