Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Morning

There's a bird singing on the cactus
It's small feet easily standing safely amidst the prickly spines
I have no idea what kind of a bird it is
All I know is that it woke me up

But that's okay
Dog needs to go out anyways
He can hold it all night
But needs to go right out in the morning

He's taken on a habit of sneezing on me when he needs something
So if the bird hadn't woke me up
Dog would have
With a wet sneeze to the face

Swinging my legs over the side of the bed
I reach out with a stick and pop the door open for him
He runs out like a puppy
Tearing around in circles before settling down to do his business

I take my medicine
I keep it next to my bed along with some water
That way I don't have to try to walk and get anything
I tried that at first
But as I felt worse and worse
I realized it was a bad idea
After I ended up on the floor trying to get to the little kitchen a few times
I decided on this arrangement

A half hour later
I'm feeling like a million bucks
Well not quite, but still
Good enough to make breakfast
Whistle a little tune as my eggs cook
And I get Dog some food as well
He'll be waiting for me next to my chair outside
In the shade of the trailer
As the morning sun is already hot on the other side

I make up two plates and wander outside
Sitting down in the old recliner on my 'porch'
I slide Dog's breakfast to him
I ruminate on what I want to get done today
On my man made wings
My titanium steel aluminum feathers
Which I hope will carry me so high
So far
So fast

No comments:

Post a Comment