Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Monday, March 5, 2012

CAUTION: Thinking Cap May Cause Thinking

For once
I am thinking clearly

The thinking cap
With wires dangling
Like an octopus with thirty two arms
Reaching for my scalp
With tiny electrode hands

This is going to be amazing

I attach the wires carefully to my shaved head
I lower the cap carefully

I hold the switch in my hand
Thumb upon the button
I bite my lip in anticipation
Great things will come of this
I have no doubt

I press the button

For what seems like an eternity
I stare at a drop of water
It's midway between falling from the faucet
To the sink bowl below
And it's just hanging there in midair
Shimmering slightly

I project myself into the drop of water
I swim about the molecules within
Poking my finger at the two hydrogen atoms
Seeing if I could separate them from the lone oxygen atom
But they're stuck
Stuck to my finger as a matter of fact
I flick them off quickly
They feel rather ooky

I pull my multitool from my pocket
I grab some water molecules and set them in the air before me
Flicking out the blade
I dice the molecules
I arrange electrons and protons
Not neglecting neutrons
I feel like I'm building a kit
But this is no plastic sports car or bomber
This is something new
This is an answer

I hold the future before me
Glowing and spinning

The cold fusion reflects upon my face
Perfectly safe
Perfect

My thumb comes off the button
I'm sitting once again in my chair
My face is still wet though
I wipe it off with a dishrag
It's blood

I faint

THUD

No comments:

Post a Comment