Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

What's In The Can, Man?

I was on a simple mission
Looking for a snack for myself
When I happened upon a mystery can with no label
In the dark recesses of seldom visited shelf

It had the appearance of a tuna can
But then again it was a bit too tall
Even for the extra large kind
So it might not be that at all

Could be some pineapple
But it still wasn't quite right
Not for Dole or for store brand
Now that I held it up to the light

I shook it gently
And imagined what it might be
It could be a gateway in time
To another long ago century

I had only to pop the top
And a little wormhole might pop out
Drawing me in
Tossing me about

To land who knows where
A man out of time
Wrong clothes wrong hair
To be tried as a witch or for some other crime

Probably not one of those
So I wiped off some ooze
And I scanned the ink stamps upon it
Trying to gather some clues

A gobbledygook of numbers
In a wobbly line
I squinted and squanted trying to read it
Feeling as if I'd drank too much wine

There at last
The first I could make out that I'd seen
An expiration date as clear as day
My deadline appears to be in 2015

I have at least that long
For the planning of a plan
To try and figure out
Just what could be in the can

No comments:

Post a Comment