Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Oliver Number Nine

They were like little white stop signs
From a long ago age
Stamped with familiar QWERTY markings
But still strangers to me

There weren't quite enough of them
Numbers and symbols crammed on letters
An affront to my modern keyboard thinking
But it still called out to me

It made my fingers itch
To touch the olive green chassis
Down-strike mechanism standing tall on either side
Like feather tufted sentinels holding spears with pride

This Oliver No 9 Standard Visible Writer
It haunts my steampunk dreams
As I ride on copper piped Zeppelins
In brass clockwork skies

I want to write orders for generals
That one great novel
A perfect poem
A humble pure word

All upon this mechanical monster
This thing from the past
Weighing fifty pounds surely
And by gods built to last



No comments:

Post a Comment