Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

If I Had a Freeze Ray

I'm no Dr Horrible
But I have one thing in common
I wish I had a freeze ray
So as to hold fast
My short time with you

Every day could be a year for me
Every moment a snapshot
A museum gallery
To take in every possible angle
Of your face
Your hands
The curve of your hips
A linger upon the taste of your lips

I could amuse you
With my ability to grow a beard
In a split second's time
My seemingly magical ability
To make your wishes come true
Knowing what they are
Almost before you do

A freeze ray could be like that
Though eventually I'd have to fess up
My age would start to show
White hairs creases and wrinkles would pop up
You'd have a hard time reconciling
How we're the same age
Yet it seems as if I've aged ten years
In the months since our first date

Your subjective time with me is short
Though I'll have enjoyed a lifetime with you
Some might say it's not fair
And from a certain perspective it's true
But I see things in a different way
Masterworks hang in museums for all to view
Too precious to keep hidden away
You are the same to me
Though the months that I had you were precious and few
I'm now putting you back up in the gallery
So others can appreciate you too

No comments:

Post a Comment