Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Friday, June 15, 2012

No End Destination

Three rails a-gleaming
Laid out in front of me
As far as the eye can see

Electrified with a ZW
Simple one hundred ten volts
But it's the Amps man
It's what really torques my motor

Made in 1955
Screwed into my Lionel chassis
With my choice of bodies
I chose New York Central grey

My white lightning stripe pointing the way
Illuminated by a small scale headlamp
I'm the terror of Grandpa's train room

Around and around
Chasing my observation car
In a desperate attempt
To get to the station on time

The station that isn't there

Left in the dusty box under the table
The semi scale Rico Station
Will have to wait for another day
Another set of hands
To place it next to the triple rail tracks

Only then will I have some semblance of completion
A place to stop
A place to rest
A place to take on fuel-cargo-people

For my next imaginary run
Around the endless Circle of Ouroboros
That is the Lionel loop
In Grandpa's Train Room

No comments:

Post a Comment