Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

#298 What is Truth?

Living on the inside
Looking on the outside
Searching and reaching
Deep down
Way out

Truth comes from within
Or is that from without?
What truth is there to be had
When it's all inside a closed petri dish

The poodle knows more truth than I
I can see it in his half hidden eye
I look closer and he licks me
Rather than ask why

I can search for the truth
Up in the sky
Along with so many others
But it isn't up there
And neither is the pie

The pie
Is found in the kitchen
And it never asks why
It is to be eaten
It's purpose clear

I wish it were that simple
For all things under the sun

Fingers touch keys
Keys make words
Turned into data
Turned into ones and O's

To a layman
It looks like
00101010
To someone who knows
It could be the meaning of life
Not just numbers in endless rows

If I wait patiently
I hope the truth will find me
Looking out for it is exhausting
Looking within is too much like death

Snake oil peddlers
Will try to tell you
That they know all the secrets
That they are the witness to the truth

But how is one to know
When one truth
Is so different from the other
I just close my eyes
And spin that big wheel
Hoping for big money
And a place
In the showcase showdown
At the end of the broadcast

Quid est veritas?

1 comment: