Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Monday, October 17, 2011

#290 Mason Jar of Spirits


I keep them in a jar
They glow and swirl about
Bouncing off the lid
Glaring through the glass

Living in a box
Eleven months out of the year
Isn't good for their morale
But I keep them there out of fear

I slice open the box gingerly
Lifting out a bubble wrapped package
I snip and I tug
Until the jar is exposed

The three little spirits
Are pressed against the glass
First looking expectant
Then sad
Then swirling in rage
For they know
What month it is

I set the jar on the windowsill
In the front room
For all to see
It's the centerpiece
Of my Halloween display
It's the pride of the neighborhood
If I do so say

The children are curious about it
The parents are amused
Dogs run in fear of it
While I look on bemused

My three little ghosts in a jar
I have no idea who they were
But for one month a year
They are on display
In all their ghostly glory

Then to be wrapped up again
Tucked into their box
And sealed from sight
Until this time again
Next year


No comments:

Post a Comment