Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

#282 Too Many Voices!


The voices in my head
Tell me to get going
I’ve lingered too long
I paid what I was owing
And I got the hell out the door

Two hundred yards on
An explosion lit the sky
I turned with a start
A voice in my head piped up
"Don’t worry, I did that, don’t ask why"

I was rooted to the spot
As I heard the sirens approach
This time a woman’s voice called out
"Go home, I’ll hold you, it’s okay"

Turning with an anguished shout
I walked quickly to the subway
Catching a ride to uptown
And out of harm’s way

There’s no place like home

My key didn’t fit the door
I was panicking
And I dropped the ring on the floor
“It’s the red one", a harsh voice said
I turned but no one was there
“I moved us down the hall  to 304”

Trembling I walked to the right door
The key slid in easily
I reached inside and flicked on the light
I was stopped by the sight that  met my eyes
A huge shield from the Zulu nation

And below it
On a small ornate table
A bottle of pills
And a note

I picked it up

It said:

“Don’t forget to take your medication!”

No comments:

Post a Comment