Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Saturday, October 15, 2011

#288 I Recommend The Pie

So here we are
You and I
At 3am
In this empty diner

You look
Like you’re about to die
I just came for a piece of pie

The waitress comes
A pretty young thing
Takes my order
Asks if you’d like anything

You just shake your head

I sip my coffee
And look over at you
I don’t try to hide it
You look away
Not hiding that too

You look skinny
A hospital ID on your wrist
You kept coughing
Softly into a napkin

Blood left behind
On the soft satin
A grimace on your face
A drop of blood on your chin

My pie arrived
With whipped cream
I forgot about you
Enveloped in my pie dream

After I finished I paid
And was on my way
I turned to look at you
And bid you good day

You look up
And hold my eye
You don’t say a word

I came for the pie
You
Came to die

No comments:

Post a Comment