Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

#293 Do You Hear That Ticking?


I'm ticking

I'm checking for a watch
But there is none
The plot is thickening

Perhaps it's a cartoon bomb
With red sticks and an alarm clock
The thought is sickening

Is it the titanium valve in my heart?
No, I don't have one of those
My pulse is quickening

What is that noise
Perhaps my teeth as I eat clicking
That would be so fattening

It's growing louder
I put my fingers in my ears
It's almost deafening

I feel hotter too
Is the heat on in here
My forehead is glistening

Suddenly it gets slower
Something is changing
It's tempo is lengthening

Things seem calmer now
I feel safe
It doesn't seem so threatening

Almost all at once
I can sort of see what I need
I'm having a moment of enlightening

I hear a snap
My eyes flutter open
I am awakening

My doctor stops the metronome

No comments:

Post a Comment