Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

#286 Is An All American Tumor


I know it wasn't there last year
Or the year before that
But now I see it
Where it was not

It's lumpy
And bumpy
A little squishy
Kind of squashy

It hurts
If I push too hard
Brought a tear to my eye
When I bumped it yesterday

The doctor tells me it's nothing
Seems to me like it's something
When I see it in the mirror
And can't stop touching it
Every damned day

Insurance won't pay
To have it removed
It's considered cosmetic
Which is totally rude

I mean
It's going to leave a big scar
Where it's impossible to hide
So how can that be considered
"Cosmetic"?

At night
I dream of it growing
Deep inside
Where none can see
Sending out tendrils
And fingers
To find all my corners
Until I'm full

Full of what
I don't know
That's about the time I awake
Screaming
Holding my pillow
Until the sun comes up

I'd get a cat scan
Or an MRI
But the last doctor visit alone
Put me six months behind

Maybe I'll go next year
Or perhaps I won't have to
The doctor said it was nothing
I'll just hope it goes away

3 comments:

  1. I think you should take this idea and write a short story...when you spoke of the tendrils, i had the most awesome picture of a living sentient tumour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, Canadians spell it tumour, I'd never noticed that 'merikans spell it wrong. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be the ketchup chips, they make you much more smarter than us. :b

    ReplyDelete