Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

#275 Going Together


The tick has the tock
A priest is never naked
When in his frock
Most worms feel safe
Under a wide flat rock

Some things go together

Bunnies and cuddles
Tall rubber boots
And splashy mud puddles
I don't make these rules
They just happen

Rain on my face
And the cold vacuum of space
They don't go together
But when the first happens
The second is always out there

A long tall pendulum
And a mighty swing
A rotating pattern
A proving of the earth's rotation
If shown on stage
It'd get a standing ovation

A warm kiss and a sigh
Warm weather
My hand on your thigh
Watching a drive-in movie
With stars bright in the sky
Popcorn butter on your lips
Adds to the fun I won't lie
The long drive home
No matter how hard you try
You can't stay awake
And so the time flies
Until I carry you inside
And in the blink of an eye
I'm snuggled in bed with you
Dreaming in my mind's eye

Stars twinkle above

No comments:

Post a Comment