Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Proof of Love?

I'd pull down the sky for you
If I could
No, not really
My love for you is deep it's true
But that'd be pretty silly

You're not the only one
Who gazes at the stars
Wishes for Saturn rings upon her fingers
Or to be a princess on Mars

I'd buy you a truckload of flowers
If I could
But then again, no
A truckload? Really?
I think we both know how that would go

With my luck
The truck would break down
Or be squashed flat
by the weight of all those flowers
Piled high in the back

Then the perfume
Which you find so heady
Coming from all those flowers
It would become quite deadly

As they rotted away
On top of that truck squashed so flat
And doubtless there I would be
Being held accountable for all that

So just take my hand in yours
Let's live in this moment
Gifts aren't real
They only add garnish
To the things that I feel

And as my lips touch yours
With the stars shining where they belong:
Above
Take this as my promise
My pledge
That it's you
At least for now
That I do truly love


No comments:

Post a Comment