Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Sunday, May 20, 2012

One Trick Pony

You are a one trick pony
Though you think you are the best
You stand still and stare
Oblivious to all the rest

Yes that seems to be your one trick
Standing there
Like a creep
Your tail idly swishing the air

I'm not impressed
That pony over yonder
Is running barrels and doing math
Now that's something to ponder

Can you even do math?
You must be able to run
It is a standard horse-y thing
Or are your talents literally limited to one?

One breath in
One breath out
Tail swishing
Eyes blinking

Surely you must eat
I dig around in my pockets
And offer you a treat
You just continue your stare down

Though with who I do not know
I move from side to side
Your gaze never wavering
Horse eyes open wide

At that I lose my patience with you
And walk off in disgust
No more time will I waste
Stand there for all time if you must

But I'm through
There are so many other horses
All much more talented than you
With your one trick

No comments:

Post a Comment