Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Kool Aid Kid

The presentation is preposterous
Consequences of the plan were unacceptable
And I said so
All the presenter said was

"Why don't you have a drink"

He's gesturing to the drink tray
Sitting smack in the middle of the table
Holding half a dozen glasses
And a glass jug shaped just like the Kool Aid Man
Filled with red juice

The Kool Aid

Fuck you
No
I don't want to drink

I went on to outline an alternative idea
Something less destructive to the environment
And it would save us money in the long run too
He pointed to the pitcher again

"You should really have a drink"

Dude!
NO
I got agitated
I told him how ridiculous he was being
That he just had to see reason
That what he was doing would ruin the company
He calmly let me finish
And said

"I'm afraid I have to insist you have a drink"

I stood up to strangle him
Suddenly a door behind him opened
Three large men came in the room
They had cool menace in their eyes
We all stood still
I looked at the four of them
They all looked at me

I picked up the pitcher
And poured a glass
I picked up the glass
And placed the cold red beverage on my lips

I drank

And it was good!!
I couldn't believe how stubborn I'd been
Suddenly the man I'd been arguing with
He felt like an old friend
We shook hands and laughed
The three big guys who had rushed in
Were big babies too
What a funny situation!

The Kool Aid made all the difference

Oh Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment