Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Dancing For You

The red velvet curtain gathers at the bottom
Rising up into the ceiling
Revealing me alone on the stage
Staring at you through the fourth wall
As if it were a one way mirror
Insulating me from your boos and cat calls

Without regard for your entertainment
I strip naked
Change into a tutu
I stretch out my legs upon the bar
Then I begin to move
For I will be your tiny dancer
While you sit aghast
Slowly dying of cancer

I occupy the stage
Like a malignant growth
By act three
And you think you've seen
All that you can see
I'll dazzle you
I'll horrify you
After all, why not both?

As the performance winds down
Sweat rolling off my fat body
Your smile turns into a frown
Because you realize
That all this was real
This theatre
This stage
These horsehair seats

It's everything outside
That is really fake

No comments:

Post a Comment