Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Short Attention Span

Your lips are moving
I know there must be sound coming out
But I wouldn’t hear you
Even if you were to shout

You lost me by the second sentence Now all I hear is a wah wah trombone Like Charlie Brown’s teacher
You’re boring me to the bone

Instructions of the utmost importance
Might be passing through your lips
But I’d never know
Though I look attentive with hands upon hips

Don’t let it worry you though
I swear it’s not you it’s me
Your scintillating words
Just seem a terrible drudgery

Oh I’ll come back around
You just carry right on
Before you get to the end
I’ll tune your sound back on

Though I confess
You’ll probably find out
As the first question from me
Will declare what I did with a shout

Then if you feel it was important enough
You’ll start again at the beginning Where once again I’ll tune you out
It’s a song I just can’t stop singing

No comments:

Post a Comment