Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Monday, July 2, 2012

If My Basement Had a Basement

If my basement had a basement
It would be fifteen degrees colder yet
Than the basement that I think of
That I don't go into in the dark for a bet

I run for the top of the stairs
After I pull down on the string of the light
My feet pounding the two by eight treads
No will of mine to put up a fight

I think it would go doubly so
For the basement of the basement
The horrors would be doubled
Apprehension too as down those stairs I went

You say nothing is there
But my imagination begs to differ
The lurkabyes and monsters underbed
This is where they vacation just to make me quiver

Their eyes upon me from every dark area
Where the two bare bulbs shed no light
I quickly do my business
Grabbing two jars of pickles before running away in fright

Reaching the regular basement
I laugh in relief and fear
And pull down on the light string to go
The instant darkness only puts me in high gear

As apounding up the old treads I run
Pickles clutched in my arms where they belong
Grandma at the top of the stairs
Wondering what ever took me so long

No comments:

Post a Comment